Learn to Compete includes college preparation, national
tournament play and physical development.
- Full functional movement screen is used.
- Full Strength development 18 months after peak height velocity.
- Advanced biomechanics testing is used
- Adult club fitting is appropriate two times a year.
- Fitness is still 40% of all training activities with a focus on strength and power.
- Play 36-72 holes and practice 3-4 times each week.
- Practice is 30% Block and 70% Random.
- 40% competition : 60% training.
- 15-25 competitions per year.
- Introduction of pre-round and practice day activities are introduced.
- Nutrition and recovery techniques are important.
- Golf is now the only sport.
- Males 16-18 years old and females 15-17 years old.
Train to Compete is college preparation, national
tournament play, and physical development.
- Use Functional Movement Screens for progress monitoring.
- Emphasis on maximizing strength and power.
- Advanced biomechanics testing and club fitting quarterly.
- Custom fitness programs employed and reinforce and compliment coaching team activities.
- 3-4 rounds of golf and 4-5 practice sessions each week.
- 60% competition : 40% training.
- Learn how to deal with pressure and play well in any condition.
- Nutrition and recovery techniques still critical.
- Travel and financial issues need to be addressed.
- Males 18-23 and females 17-23.